Following a year-long, comprehensive, systemwide evaluation, Main Line Health (MLH) has chosen to move forward with Epic as its single, integrated electronic medical record system (EMR). Epic is a world leader in providing hospitals and health systems with software that connects clinical, scheduling, registration and revenue functions, creating a seamless patient and clinician experience. Main Line Health is calling the transition to this comprehensive clinical and business information technology platform the PIVOT project (Promoting Innovation by Valuing Organizational Transformation).
“The transition to Epic will be more than a replacement of our IT systems,” states Jack Lynch, MLH President and CEO. “With the support of the entire Main Line Health team, this will be an organizational transformation to poise our Health System for a new era in health care. These innovative capabilities will further enhance our ability to serve as a leader of care delivery in our region.”
MLH chose to move forward with Epic because it provides the following benefits:
- Offers superior usability for patients—from the intuitive nature of the robust Patient Portal functionality to centralized communication with care providers, Epic demonstrates an opportunity to develop a personalized and streamlined patient experience.
- Offers tools to empower our patients to partner with providers in their health and wellness.
- Provides the tools and a level of integration that best meets our needs to provide a superior and patient-centric experience and environment.
- Offers seamless integration between inpatient and outpatient solutions that encompass clinical information, patient registration, patient scheduling and billing.
- Ensures efficient functionality in the platform, making it easy to navigate.
- Invests in research and development to ensure we remain on the cutting-edge with superior tools to deliver exceptional care.
“This is an historic project to position Main Line Health for a bright future in our dynamic landscape, and we are excited to have a highly engaged and talented team on board to ensure our success,” states Donna Phillips, President of Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital and PIVOT Executive Sponsor. “This is a tremendously exciting time for Main Line Health.”
The project is expected to go live in early 2018.
Last week marked the official unveiling of the project office space, which is located in Malvern, PA. Pictured in the photo are Ravi Inaganti, PIVOT Project Director; Donna Phillips, PIVOT Project Executive Sponsor and President of Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital; Jack Lynch, President and CEO of Main Line Health and several other PIVOT Project Managers and Main Line Health Leaders.