Patients, families and those interested in learning more about kidney disease are encouraged to attend
On Thursday, March 12, in recognition of World Kidney Day, Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) invites the community to attend an education day at the Lankenau Medical Center auditorium. This informative program about how to live a better life with kidney disease, will feature a cooking demonstration by James Beard-nominated Chef Walter Staib on preparing a kidney-friendly recipe, as well as a talk by Suzanne Ruff, author of “The Reluctant Donor,” which chronicles her family’s experiences of living with and managing kidney disease.
Open to the public and presented at no cost by FMCNA, the nation’s leading dialysis provider, this program is intended for anyone who wants to learn more about kidney disease, including kidney patients, their families and those facing kidney failure who want to learn about the treatment options available to them. FMCNA healthcare professionals will be on hand to talk about managing kidney disease and the various patient support services available, including dialysis, kidney transplants and more.
What: World Kidney Day Educational Event at Lankenau Medical Center
When: Thursday, March 12 from 9:30 am–3:00 pm
- 10:00 am: Kidney-friendly cooking demonstration by Chef Walter Staib
- 10:45 am: Resource vendors
- 11:15 am: Complimentary lunch and transplant panel with Lankenau transplant team
- 12:30 pm: Break/resource vendors
- 12:45 pm: Talk by author Suzanne Ruff
- 2:00 pm: Panel of physicians, nephrologists from Main Line Health
- 2:30 pm: Nurses panel
- 3:00 pm: Door prizes; including autographed books, designer scarf, and an autographed apron from Chef Staib
- Parking: Attendees are asked to park in the “D” parking area on the roof. Limited valet parking available
- Dietitians and social workers on hand to discuss how people can live better lives on dialysis by becoming more physically active and eating healthier foods
Where: Lankenau Medical Center Auditorium, 100 East Lancaster Avenue, Wynnewood, PA 19096
Who: Open to the public
Contact: For more information, contact Anita Abelson at 610.896.8539, extension 222.
Media contact: To arrange interviews and photos with speakers or event organizers, please contact the Upward Agency’s Kyndra Marshall at email@example.com, 1.404.495.4511 or 1.757.535.2503.
About Fresenius Medical Care North America
Through its leading network of more than 2,150 dialysis facilities in North America and vascular access centers, laboratory, pharmacy and affiliated hospitals and nephrology practices, Fresenius Medical Care provides renal services to hundreds of thousands of people throughout the United States, Mexico and Canada. It is also the continent’s top producer of dialysis equipment, dialyzers and related disposable products and a major supplier of renal pharmaceuticals.
Kyndra Marshall, Upward Agency
Charles Hendricks, Fresenius Medical Care