Specialized, compassionate care
Dr. Pitman is the chief of medicine and chief of pulmonary and critical care at Bryn Mawr Hospital. Dr. Pitman continually earns recognition as a Top Doctor by Philadelphia magazine and Main Line Today, most recently in 2018. As a critical care and pulmonary medicine specialist for 35 years, he has extensive knowledge of pulmonary function processes and diseases, allowing him to diagnose and treat complex conditions, while providing his patients with the information they need to make the best decisions for their care. He takes the time to make sure his patients fully understand their diagnosis and treatment options, and tailors his care to meet each patient’s specific needs.
Pulmonary medicine sometimes requires multidisciplinary care, and Dr. Pitman believes that collaboration and communication between health care providers is integral to providing patient-centered care. His office coordinates with other expert physicians to ensure that patients receive timely and appropriate care, from lab work and imaging tests, to comprehensive sleep studies and advanced specialist referrals.
Common conditions we treat include:
- COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Lung cancer
- Lung nodules
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary thromboembolism
- Occupational lung disease
- Sleep disorders; including snoring and sleep apnea
In-office procedures performed:
- Pulmonary function testing (PFTs)
- Exercise oximetry
- Exercise studies (six-minute walk)
Scheduling an appointment
- After hours answering service available seven days a week
- For times when you may require care outside of our operating hours, we offer access to urgent care services seven days a week and holidays
My Main Line Health Chart patient portal
My Main Line Health Chart makes it easy for you to schedule appointments, request prescription refills, pay your bills, send messages to your doctor’s office when you have non-urgent medical needs, and more—from any device.
Our patient portal offers you personalized, secure online access to your health information and makes it easy for you to:
- Schedule primary care visits
- Request prescription renewals
- Send secure messages to your care team
- Coordinate care for your family
- Pay your medical bills
Already have an account?
Don’t have an account yet?
We accept most insurance plans, including HMOs and PPOs.