Join the Women's Heart Initiative for an informative evening led by our dynamic team of physicians and specialists at Main Line Health. Our experts will discuss what's on the horizon with new trends in the prevention of heart disease in women.
Topics will include how genetics play a role in determining your heart risk, the importance of maintaining a healthy weight, knowing your heart health numbers, the connection between mind and body to decrease stress, menopausal effects on the heart, the impact of gender on heart disease risk, atrial fibrillation and stroke risk, and types of preventative screening tests to support a heart-healthy life.
The impact of risk factors on your heart health:
- Getting to the heart of your DNA: Ancestry tests as predictors for heart disease – Cristina Nixon, MS, CGC
- Your weight and your waist: The connection to heart disease – Stephanie McKnight, MD
- Know your numbers: How the latest guidelines for blood pressure, cholesterol and aspirin impact your heart – Leslie Poor, MD
- The mind-body connection: Ways to lessen stress and help your heart – Mara Caroline, MD
- At the heart of menopause: What you need to know about your heart risk – Jeanine Romanelli, MD and Beverly Vaughn, MD
- Gender does matter: Unique risk factors in women – Kate Hawthorne, MD
- When your heart’s a-flutter: A-fib and stroke risk – Colleen Hanley, MD
- Essential screening tests for optimal heart health in women – Thomas Phiambolis, MD
5:30–7:00 pm: Registration, welcome reception and health fair—Java City
7:00-8:30 pm: Program and Q&A—Auditorium
This is a complimentary event but seating is limited. Reserve your spot today.