Have you stopped doing certain things you enjoy because you were concerned about falling? If so, you are not alone. Chances are you or someone you know has fallen or is afraid of falling and might restrict some activities because of these concerns.
This program recognizes the risk of falling but emphasizes practical coping strategies to reduce this concern and remain active and independent.
During this program, which is led by trained facilitators, participants will learn how to:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce falls risks at home
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
This is a free course but registration is required. Participants must commit to attending at least six of the eight sessions. The program is held for two hours each week for eight weeks on the following dates:
- Tuesday, August 6, 2019
- Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019
- Tuesday, August 27, 2019
- Tuesday, September 3, 2019
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- Tuesday, September 17, 2019
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019
For more information about hosting a program at your organization or to register for this event, contact Lisa Eckenrode, RN, trauma injury prevention coordinator at 484.565.8328 or email email@example.com.