Find someone to share the successes and problems of your experience, someone who is supportive and can help you get through the hard times.
Try to attend the support group regularly. Our support group is run by the surgeon of the Bariatric Center at Bryn Mawr Hospital and all patients are expected to actively participate and attend regularly. Patients who belong to a support group are most likely to succeed in their weight loss regimen and maintain their weight loss long-term.
Topics and speakers
- December 17, 2018 – Holiday gathering with the bariatric team
- January 28, 2019 – Ringing in the New Year with exercise, led by Joe Roscioli ACSM-CEP, EIM-III
- February 25, 2019 – Body contouring, led by Dr. John Fisher
- March 25, 2019 – Transfer of addiction, led by Marie Rhoads, MA
- April 29, 2019 – Organic food—is it worth it? & Artificial sweeteners—are they unhealthy for us? Led by Christine Hurley, RD
- May 20, 2019 – Gentle Yoga with Monique Bertrando
- June 24, 2019 – Which bariatric vitamin is right for you? Presented by reps from Bariatric Advantage, Celebrate and Nascobal
- July 29, 2019 – How to handle emotional eating and head hunger, led by Michele Reich, PsyD
- August 26, 2019 – Healthy article” read and open discuss, led by Michele Reich, PsyD
- September 23, 2019 – Clothing swap and open forum/discussion, led by Michele Reich, PsyD
- October 28, 2019 – Building your bariatric ready pantry and recipe swap, led by Stacey Weatherbee, RD
- November 18, 2019 – Let talk about sex with Heather Davidson EdM, MA
- 6:00–7:00 pm – men’s meeting
- 7:00–8:00 pm – ladies meeting
- December 16, 2019 – Holiday social
Get online support at obesityhelp.com.
For more information call 484.592.3000.