Spanning the stroke continuum topics
- EMS partnership, use of the RACE score
- New acute ischemic stroke (AIS) guidelines, what have the trials shown
- Endovascular treatment of AIS and aneurysms
- The Cardiology Connection
- Management of malignant edema associated with cerebral and cerebellar infarction
- Care coordination for discharge
- Addressing mental health issues; what do our patients need
Upon completion of this session, participants should be able to:
- Identify the impact of the new guidelines for treatment of acute ischemic stroke (AIS)
- Describe current cutting-edge endovascular treatment modalities for ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Recognize links between stroke and other disease states
- Discuss new anti-coagulation reversal agents and their impact on patient outcomes
- Identify measures to manage malignant edema associated with cerebral and cerebellar infarction
- Formulate an appropriate plan to meet the needs of the stroke patient after discharge
RVSP by Monday, November 5, 2018.
Main Line Health reserves the right to cancel an educational event. In the event that Main Line Health cancels the event, participants will be refunded 100 percent of any registration fees paid.
Participants may cancel their participation in the course. The course tuition is refundable, minus a 20 percent processing fee, if the cancellation is received in writing at least one week prior to the start date of the course. No refunds or credits will be granted if notice is provided less than one week prior to the start date. No refunds or credits will be granted for no shows.