Find someone to share the successes and problems of your experience, someone who is supportive and can help you get through the hard times.
Try to attend the support group regularly. Our support group is run by the surgeon of the Bariatric Center at Bryn Mawr Hospital and all patients are expected to actively participate and attend regularly. Patients who belong to a support group are most likely to succeed in their weight loss regimen and maintain their weight loss long-term.
2018 topics and speakers
- Juy 23 – How to lessen mindless and emotional eating with Michele Reich, PsyD
- August 27 – Open forum: Transitions after surgery and a photo opportunity for an “after” picture with Michele Radaszewski, Michele Reich and Main Line Health Marketing
- September 24 – Head hunger vs. actual hunger with Michele Reich, PsyD
- October 22 – “Let’s talk about sex” with Heather Davidson, EdM, MA
- 6:00–7:00 pm – men’s class
- 7:00–8:00 pm – women’s class
- November 19 – How to survive the holidays with Stavey Weatherbee, RD
- December 17 – Holiday gathering with the bariatric team
Get online support at obesityhelp.com.
For more information call 484.592.3000.