What is a joint sponsorship?
Joint sponsorship allows non-accredited organizations to present educational activities that qualify for AMA PRA Category 1™ credit. Entities that meet joint sponsorship deadlines set by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) may jointly sponsor a CME activity with Main Line Health System.
What is co-sponsorship?
Co-sponsorship represents two accredited providers providing an educational offering with one assuming responsibility for compliance with the Essentials.
What is the fee for a joint sponsorship?
There is a $750.00 joint sponsorship fee for each single activity. Recurring activities start at $1,000/year based on frequency. This fee is due with the submission of the Joint Sponsorship Application.
How do I apply for a joint sponsorship?
Main Line Health System is accredited by the Pennsylvania Medical Society to offer CME activities. Requests for joint sponsorship must be submitted to the Main Line Health office in writing and require completion of the Joint Sponsorship Application and Agreement Form with the application fee and required documentation at least three to six months in advance of the activity date. Application fees are non-refundable.
What are the guidelines for joint sponsorship?
The following guidelines outline the steps to be followed:
In order for Main Line Health to jointly sponsor your activity, we must work in partnership with you to ensure that the ACCME Essential Areas and the Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education have been met. We are only able to consider requests for joint sponsorship which meet these requirements and complete the entire application process. The MLH CME accreditation may be withdrawn at any point in time if the policies are not followed. Joint sponsorship may be for a single course or a recurring activity, consisting of a series of activities by the same organization.
- A Main Line Health physician must be on the organization’s Board or planning committee.
- Applicant must request joint sponsorship at least 3-6 months before program date in writing, by FAX, or email to the CME Office.
- The CME Application must be totally filled out, signed by the Activity Director of the Program (which must be a physician)
- Processing of activity application and agreement
- Receipt of the Application Fee
- Review and approval of needs assessment documentation.
- Review and approval of learning objectives.
- Upon approval of your activity, you will receive a joint-sponsorship “Toolkit” which includes forms to assist you with the required documentation
- Review and approval of all promotional material including abstract request information.
- Review of faculty disclosure and commercial support documentation and acknowledgements in program material.
- Management or delegation of management of corporate sponsorship and educational grant funds, if applicable.
- Review and approval of program agenda.
- Counting and granting of CME credits.
- Review and approval of evaluation form.
- Review of activity budget.
- Promotion of jointly sponsored activity will be included on the SCMA CME website, in the SCMA Alert, and on the CME Quarterly Calendar which is published in the SCMA Journal.
Collection and review of the following items are required to officially close an activity file and grant CME credits.
- Verification of physician attendance (attendance rosters, sign-in sheets).
- Copy of CME Certificates used
- All on-site materials (program book, handouts).
- Participant evaluation summary report.
- Final financial Summary for the activity.
- Review of outcomes data
The above items are required by the ACCME in order for the Main Line Health CME program to provide CME credits for each jointly sponsored activity. Failure to meet the ACCME requirements will result in loss of accreditation for your organization and puts Main Line Health System's CME's accreditation status in jeopardy.
Visit the CME Toolkits page and select "Joint Sponsorship Toolkit" to begin your application.
For assistance, contact a member of the CME staff.