- 1 pound carrots, washed and peeled
- 1 pound beets, washed and peeled
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1–2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs, cook’s choice, to taste
Shred carrots and beets using a food processor or grater. Add pumpkin seeds. To make the dressing, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt, pepper and herbs. Pour over vegetables and stir. Salad will keep in refrigerator for three days.
Makes 8–10 servings.