- 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained, saving the liquid
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 4 sun-dried tomato halves
- Juice from half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Place drained garbanzo beans and garlic in the food processor. Pulse a few times. With the food processor running, pour in just enough of the bean liquid to allow the beans to become smooth and creamy. Add scallions, carrot, tomato and lemon juice. Process until vegetables are more finely chopped and combined with the beans.
Place in a bowl and top with chopped basil, olive oil and salt and pepper.